Fire Risk Assessments is committed to the secure and careful handling of personal data.
We collect information from you via our submission forms. Every time you submit your details they are collected by Fire Risk Assessments. Data which you may be required to provide includes, for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address and bank/credit card details. We may record information about customer traffic patterns and site use.
We will never collect sensitive personal data about you without your explicit consent.
Use of personal information
Any information that we collect will be kept securely in accordance with our security policy and may be used to:
- Provide you with an up-to-date, efficient and reliable service
- Help to prevent fraud i.e. we check card details with our merchant card checking facility and reserve the right to refuse entries on that basis
- Inform you about future partnerships that we are running
- Provide you with information about the products and services we offer
- Provide you with a more personalised service
- Conduct market research
We may also pass on some personal data to other companies within the Fire Risk Assessments group to allow us to send you, via e-mail, telephone, SMS and post, details of special offers and promotions within our group.
We offer you the opportunity to opt-out of having your data used for marketing purposes not directly related to your partnership entries, or from receiving unsolicited e-mail or other approaches from Fire Risk Assessments or other companies in our group.
We will ask you to allow us to use your data to share with other third parties for marketing purposes. We will never share with third parties any sensitive personal data about you, nor will we share with third parties (except any involved in the credit card authentication and approvals process) your credit card details.
Third Party Sites
Our site links to other web sites and we are not responsible for the content on those sites or their data policies and procedures.
We use “cookies” to identify you when you visit the site and to build up a profile of our regular users.
We will only read cookies from your cookie file placed there through your web browser’s interaction with the Fire Risk Assessments site.
Use of session files
We use session files, along with cookies, to log your browsing patterns and so identify the areas of the site which have been of interest to you, allowing us to personalise the Fire Risk Assessments site for you.
We also use information in aggregate form (in other words, no individual user is identified) to:
- Build up marketing profiles
- Allow us to develop the business in ways that help you
- Manage our relationship with advertisers and
- Audit usage of the site
- All personal, cookie and session ID information may be made available to Fire Risk Assessments call centre employees to enable us and any related third parties to deal more effectively with any enquiry that you make.
In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data, we may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event we are responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.